When was the last time you went online to play a video game? Regardless of the fact that you are an avid player or just a casual one, Aion creates a fantastic environment for everyone. Developed by NCSOFT and released in May 2009 for Asia, the game became insanely popular very quickly.
The game is now available globally and can be played by anyone with a steady internet connection and a computer that supports advanced graphics. As you evolve in the game, you will find a fantastic world with complex situations and quests that will keep you on your toes. The game is so well-designed that it already has 5 expansions (will discuss them later).
Every MMORPG must come with a great backstory and AION doesn’t disappoint. First of all, you’ll find both PvP (Player vs Player) and PvE (Player vs Environment) situations. Second of all, the graphics is quite advanced and offers a great experience to any player.
The backstory revolves around two factions: the Elyos and the Asmodian which are sworn enemies. The general quest is simple: save your world that is in danger of being shattered (your world is called Atreia). The danger is represented by various invaders, monsters, and so on.
If the plot is not enough to convince you, let’s take a quick look over the main features:
- You get to enjoy a wide range of solo adventures and group quests
- There will be challenging dungeons where you have to prove your skills
- Skills improve as you advance in the game, but only as a chain-reaction (you must solve certain scenes to gain new skills)
- The world of Atreia is absolutely gorgeous
- You will have flight scenes
- Combat scenes are intense and filled with adrenaline
- Story-driven content
- You’ll have the possibility to take pets that will be helpful along the game
- Advanced equipment customization
We mentioned that the game already has 5 expansions, but let’s see what they actually are. Expansions are different versions of the same game that explore different worlds and implement different characters. AION comes with the following extensions:
- Aion: Assault on Balaurea (September 7, 2010) – this version expands the game world and takes the fight against balaurs which invade their world, Balaurea. Your character will be upgraded and you’ll have access to different weapons, skills, and items.
- Aion: The Promised Lands(Ascension for North America) (October 19, 2011) – the fight against the Balaur continues and you will be revealed new sections in Balaurea.
- Aion 4.0: Dark Betrayal (June 26, 2013) – this expansions brings new classes and zones.
- Aion 4.8: Upheaval (June 17, 2015) – new zones, skills, and revamped user interfaces.
- Aion 5.0: Echoes of Eternity (July 13, 2016) – again, two new zones, and updated user interfaces.
As you can see, each expansion comes with improved graphics and skills. However, these are not the only things that evolve. Each expansion brings new combat situations, new territories to discover, and will challenge your skills at a more advanced level.
So, if you like MMORPGs and you’re looking for world to save, AION awaits you!